On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 10:16:58PM +0200, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> >     I'm trying a net/ftp install of 4.8 on my Thinkpad.  The
> >     laptop didn't come with a builtin NIC so I bought a
> >     Xircom 10/100 card.  (I'm using the IBM UBS to CAT5 connector.)
> >     The floppy install puts up /stand/sysinstall nicely, but when
> >     I goto the network sections I eventually see only SLIP or PPP
> >     as options.
> >
> install kernel just didn't load this driver.
>
> i'm not sure now, but when booting in boot menu there is option for
> booting with PCMCIA support, but it's not default choice

        there was one screen that mentioned the cards.  gave 4
        address ranges for the card; i toook the default of 0x0000.

        anybody else on-list have the xircom card working?  i'd
        be only too pleased if i'm missing some magic incantation
        rather than having  bought the wrong card...

        thanks, and if anyone else has insights, i'd be much obliged
        to hear!

        gary

--
   Gary Kline     [EMAIL PROTECTED]   www.thought.org     Public service Unix