Hi Danny,

Thanks again for your reply.

More...

At 21:15 8/31/2004, Danny Mayer, wrote:

>> >If you cannot use FTP, it is because there were Serious Hacking attempts
>> >aimed at UDel from that netblock.
>> >
>> >You will have to use http instead.
>> >

>>Thanks, Harlan.  I tried using Lynx here:
>>
>>http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~ntp/ntp_spool/ntp4/
>>
>>Unfortunately, I can't seem to find where Lynx put the
>>file after is was downloaded--if it even really
>>downloaded it in the first place.
>
>Make sure you pull the ntp-dev tarball and not the stable.

Understood.

>>If I download using Windows and burn it to a
>>CD, would there be problems because the file date
>>would be off?
>
>What has the file time got to do with anything?

In some cases, I seem to be having problems with
the FreeBSD ports if the file date is not exactly
what was expected.

>>Also, I am still waiting to hear back from Danny.
>>I have a sneaking suspicion that the 2004 Aug. 20
>>version does not have his broadcastclient fix in
>>it.
>>

>I have no idea what that version is or where you got it.
>The problem was fixed back in March.

I guess I am just perplexed.  I realize that you have
fixed it, but I don't know how to get a hold of that
code.

Here is a screen shot of the 'ifiter_ioctl.c' file
taken from yesterday's ntp-dev version:
http://www.US-Webmasters.com/Temp/NTP-broadcastclient-File-List.gif

If the problem was fixed in March, as far as I can
tell it didn't get included in this version because
the file dates are mostly 2004 February 25.  There
is one file dated 2004 March 26, but according to
what you indicated earlier the bug was contained
in 'ifiter_ioctl.c':

http://tinyurl.com/66see

Danny, I am not trying to ruffle anybody's feathers,
or cause problems--I am just trying to get my
FreeBSD box to keep the correct time.  I've spent
the last 6 days primarily trying to get this to
work.  I thought it would be a half hour project.
http://makeashorterlink.com/?O1DB32F29

Please have mercy on me and help me out.  ;^)

I am not a professional 'C' programmer so I don't
really know where your code fix goes in the file.

Regards,

W. D.

>Danny

Start Here to Find It Fast!™ ->