I recompiled my kernel, including the "options EXT2FS" option line. No problem. After rebooting, I was able to successfully mount my linux drive thusly:

    mount -t ext2fs /dev/ad0s1 /linux

I transferred some files and was very happy.

Now here's the frustrating bit. Time has passed and the machine has been shut down and rebooted a few times. After that initial success, I have never been able to mount that [EMAIL PROTECTED] drive again. I invariably get a

    Operation not permitted

error. What gives? How can I retrieve my former happiness?
--Damon