Grégory Nou wrote:
May sound as a stupid question, but did you actually logged as root, or su before performing this command ?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: > Have you tried to mount the drive as root?

Heh. Yes indeed, first thing I tried. I've also tried mounting the drive as virtually every other user that exists. No dice.

> What is in the /var/log/messages file?

I'm not sitting in front of the machine, so I can't tell you. If you still think it's relevant, I'll fetch a copy of it as soon as I can.

> What kind of error?

I wish I knew. The error message is no more explicit than "Operation not permitted." Seriously. Here's the error in full:

    ext2fs: /dev/ad0s1: Operation not permitted

My attempts at Googling some help have so far proven useless. Bother.
--Damon