Bill Moran wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hello,

I´ve installed FreeBSD 5.2.1 in my PC machine. I compiled my own
programs and started to running them. For my surprise, I checked that
FreeBSD programs spent almost 50% more time than the same program compiled
to linux. I checked several compile options, but it did not have good results.

5.2.1 is not a strong performer. It's ALPHA code.

If you want to do performance testing, either use 4.10, or work with the
5.3 BETAs.  5.2.1 isn't supposed to be fast yet.

I really don't think the problem is that simple. How about either giving him a real answer or none at all?

Cheers.