[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Yes, you've "missed" the fact that kernels and distributions are independent
of one-another in linux. "Redhat" is just a distribution and has little to do with what particular kernel version you are using.

First of all, that wasn't missed. It was quite intentional. I am underscoring the difference between Linux and *BSD.

Second, I would argue with the assessment Linux doesn't do a "major release" until it is "arguably better than the previous version," and that this somehow is in contrast to *BSD. This is an ambiguous statement, at best. Define "major" and define "better."