Hi All,

Thanx for all the feedback!

Philipp: Your idea is really fine, with manageBE :)
Would surely be nice for a test/development machine,
I'll think about using it... (sounds a bit like
FreeBSD goin' the Nexenta way...)

Mickael: Your example looks much more like what I was
looking  for (and thank god UNIX still is mostly
ASCII so I can follow the link You posted).

But, just as a side question: how much of a risk of
creating an [ugly] race condition is it actually,
to use swap on a zvol?

Yet another question would be, how much is performance
impacted by the zfs overhead (ok, leaving aside that
a swapping system needs ram - wherever the swap is located...)?
But hey, snapshotting swap - isn't THAT funky? ;)

Thanx to all for the feedback, it's great to
be a FreeBSD user all the time!

I'll be trying to set this up ASAP.

Regards,

Lorenzo