On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 3:06 AM Konstantin Belousov <kostik...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 12:54:55PM +0200, Christos Chatzaras wrote:
> >
> > > On 16 Feb 2021, at 12:20, Christos Chatzaras <ch...@cretaforce.gr>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > I build a test system with 13.0-BETA2 and it's very slow with at least
> IO.
> > >
> > > Doing "portsnap auto" takes much more time than 12.2.
> > >
> > > Also when I do "rm -fr /usr/ports" with 12.2 takes 5 seconds and the
> same command with 13.0-BETA2 takes 100 seconds.
> > >
> > > The disks are similar 4TB HDD drives on both systems.
> > >
> > > Is this related to debug enabled in 13.0-BETA2?
> >
> > I install 12.2 in the same system and "rm -fr /usr/ports" was fast. So
> it's not related to hardware.
> >
> > If I upgrade it to 13.0-BETA2 the same command is slow again.
>
> Are you using UFS+SU or SU+J?  If yes, this is known and fix is planned
> for BETA3 or BETA4.

A note to this thread when it is committed to rewleng or stable would be
greatly appreciated.  The time to download and unpack a large port distfile
(e.g. firefox) is painful. I'm hoping this is causing it as I just had the
disk on my new laptop replaced 6 months ago and I was afraid that it was
failing again.
E-mail: rkober...@gmail.com