On Aug 17, 2007, at 10:44 PM, Ivan Voras wrote:

fdisk and bsdlabels both have a limit: because of the way they store the
data about the disk space they span, they can't store values that
reference space > 2 TB. In particular, every partition must start at an
offset <= 2 TB, and cannot be larger than 2 TB.

Oh... one more note: if I don't use fdisk or paritions, I *can* newfs the raw drive much bigger than 2Tb. I just don't want to do that for a production box. :-)