On Nov 2, 2007, at 3:30 AM, Chris H. wrote:

FWIW The system already knows what timezone it lives in. It simply chose to change to PST according to the /normal/ standards. What happened here in the USA, is that president Bush decided that we'd be better served here if we waited an additional week to set our clocks back one hour. So. It seems this particular server decided to ignore our president (not that I blame it)

Most of us went through this *last* year when the rules took effect. Did it not affect your system last year?

Basically you need to get a corrected /etc/localtime and restart any long running programs that depend on time, notably cron.