On Sat, 2010-08-21 at 18:29 +0200, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On Saturday 21 August 2010 18:26:21 indulekha wrote:
> > what is the exact
> > command to enable or disable quirks, etc.
> Hi,
> The format is:
> usbconfig add_dev_quirk_vplh <vid> <pid> <lo_rev> <hi_rev> <quirk>
> vid: VendorID
> pid: ProductID
> lo_rev: 0
> Hi_rev 0xffff
> quirk: your quirk UQ_XXX
> If the driver shows a disconnect message or attach failure, then I think
> quirks won't help.
> Instead of replugging your device, it is sometimes possible to make the
> device
> available using:
> usbconfig -u X -a Y reset
> Where X and Y are the ugenX.Y for your root HUB or your device.
> You need to be root to execute these commands.
> --HPS

Thanks very much for that.  I'll try the usbconfig reset next time I
reboot -- it drops me into single user mode every time due to the
unavailable fstab filesystem (my home directory is on that disk, didn't
realize there'd be a problem til I rebooted). Fortunately I don't reboot
this machine often...

caveat utilitor,