On Tuesday 31 August 2010 09:29:29 Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On Tuesday 31 August 2010 08:12:00 David Naylor wrote:
> > webcamd did report some errors:
> > gspca: frame overflow 28838 > 28672
> You can try to find this error code in the ulinux/v4l-dvb/ folder or its
> subfolders. grep -r "frame overflow" v4l-dvb/
> And see if you can figure out if it's simply a matter of increasing some
> buffer sizes.
> --HPS

I managed to eliminate all frame overflow errors.  I multiplied frsz by 8 in
frame_alloc (v4l-dvb/linux/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca.c).  webcamd was
reporting many `gspca: found int in endpoint: 0x83, buffer_len=2, interval=50'.

Attached is the script (someone may find useful) that I used to check if any
settings will work with the webcam.

The webcam still does not work.  Again vga was set to a lower resolution than
what it should be and sqcif was at a higher resolution that what it should be.

Will it matter if my kernel is a bit old (about 3 months)?  Are there any
(small) live linux distros that have good webcam support (so that I can check
if the cam works at all with gspca)?