Quoting Alexander Leidinger <alexan...@leidinger.net> (from Fri, 05 Nov 2010 15:41:56 +0100):

I do not know yet if this is because of failed hardware, or because of a problem in the USB stack. As the first traces of this appeared after an update, I lean towards a regression...

I will have a look at getting some time to update the older FreeBSD 9 system to something in between the working and not working version.

After a lot of testing with 2 machines I'm now at a state where I think the EHCI part of the mainboard is not far away of stopping working completely. So far the UHCI ports seem to still work correctly.

Does someone know if EHCI and UHCI in an ICH5 chipset are separate parts of the chip, or are they sharing common USB parts? Depending on the answer I should maybe raise the priority of the replacement of this...

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Q:      Have you heard about the man who didn't pay for his exorcism?
A:      He got re-possessed!