Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
On Monday 28 February 2011 19:35:38 martinko wrote:

I've just installed webcamd port to try out my Logitech HD camera.
However, when plugging the camera in I get "root:
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/webcamd: WARNING: failed to start webcamd" message,
then camera is disconnected, connected again and it all repeats (cycle
about 1 second).

Where should I start looking at please ?

There is a new webcamd port coming soon. Can you give that a try first and see
if the problem is still the same?

I had a little difficulty applying the patch and later restarting devd (WARNING: failed to start devd) but the end result seems interesting:

kernel: ugen3.2: <vendor 0x046d> at usbus3
kernel: uaudio0: <vendor 0x046d product 0x0823, class 239/2, rev 2.00/0.10, addr 2> on usbus3
kernel: uaudio0: No playback!
kernel: uaudio0: Record: 32000 Hz, 2 ch, 16-bit S-LE PCM format
kernel: uaudio0: No midi sequencer
kernel: pcm1: <USB audio> on uaudio0

So I do have audio but where is video ?

And how should I test it ?  :-)