Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
On Monday 28 February 2011 21:35:57 martinko wrote:
Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
On Monday 28 February 2011 19:40:33 Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
On Monday 28 February 2011 19:35:38 martinko wrote:
Hi,

I've just installed webcamd port to try out my Logitech HD camera.
However, when plugging the camera in I get "root:
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/webcamd: WARNING: failed to start webcamd" message,
then camera is disconnected, connected again and it all repeats (cycle
about 1 second).

Where should I start looking at please ?

Hi,

There is a new webcamd port coming soon. Can you give that a try first
and see if the problem is still the same?

--HPS

You can also try to compile webcamd with debugging and see if any errors
are output. Maybe your camera needs firmware to work.

--HPS

Next time, if you think it can reveal something useful.

I don't think it needs any firmware.  It should support UVC, afaik.
I tried it with Mac and it worked immediately after plugging in.

The new version of webcamd is in ports now.

--HPS

I unplugged the camera, deinstalled webcamd, configured it with debug support and installed, then tried to restart devd as suggested:

# /etc/rc.d/devd restart
devd not running?
Starting devd.
Starting webcamd.
Attached ugen3.2[0] to cuse unit -1
Starting webcamd.
Webcamd is already running for ugen3.2.0
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/webcamd: WARNING: failed to start webcamd
devd: devd already running, pid: 872
/etc/rc.d/devd: WARNING: failed to start devd