On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 05:20:27PM +0100, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> The /etc/devd/usb.conf is regularly updated, though not automatically. It
> should auto-load most kind of devices. Only additional case that comes to
> mind
> is that USB serial console will not be active until devd has executed, if
> that
> is enabled.

If early USB serial output is desired, it can be enabled by enabling the
module in bootloader. Is that an acceptable trade-off?

> Your patch looks OK. Adding ARCH @
>
> Instead of commenting out, I would just remove those lines.

Here's a new patch that removes the lines instead of commenting them out.

Consistently with that, it also removes a few lines which were already
commented out, using the same criteria.

Also, it disables a few more USB drivers. Due to an oversight my previous
patch didn't disable all drivers that devd can handle.

Patch is tested with "make universe" on HEAD.

--
Robert Millan