27.06.2012 15:51, Alexander Motin пишет:

The only change after that I see potentially related is r237478. It adds
more checks when fetching SCSI sense data, that for some reason are not
working in your case. I still can not completely understand why there
was no any READ CAPACITY errors reported before, but may be I am missing
something. You can try to revert that revision for check.

Confirm. Reverting this commit alone helps here. Both my system with
patched kernel uses /dev/da0 and patched kernel works if the system
is booted from the stick.

Though it is a little bit noisy. ;-) Since now I know that it shouldn't
here is a question: should I file a PR on this noisiness (i.e. error
reporting, etc.)?

--
WBR, Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD Committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve