On 06/27/12 18:17, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
On Wednesday 27 June 2012 17:08:29 Alexander Motin wrote:
umass problem

Hi,

Are you verifying the received data length for the SCSI commands reading out
various data?

Mentioned revision beyond others adds check for the sense data length in case of error. It won't even look into the sense data if reported amount (sense_len - sense_resid) is zero or less then needed. I have no idea how USB calculates resid, but it may be a problem in this case. I think it could be useful to get USB packets trace to see whether it is device doesn't return any sense data, or umass improperly interprets them in this case for some reason.

--
Alexander Motin