On Sunday 08 July 2012 01:21:51 Aragon Gouveia wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> On 07/06/12 08:54, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> > There is some magic to switch USB ports to USB 3.0 which is not in
> > FreeBSD yet. They have it in Linux, and you might be able to port that
> > code to BSD and try.
>
> I know some C, but very little on USB architecture.  I'm curious enough
> to try, but a bit more direction would be helpful if you can spare some. :)

> > Also, can you post output from "pciconf -lv" ?
>
> Sure, and pardon my delay:
>
> http://pastebin.com/Gxgv7W2F
>
> BTW, is this behaviour BIOS related?  I recently setup another machine
> that had Intel's Z77 USB3 controller, and I don't remember having these
> issues when attaching the same USB3 device...

Hi,

XHCI is very new, and there might be hardware differences out there.

BTW: The USB 3.0 switching found in Linux is for Pantherpoint only:

See /drivers/usb/host/pci-quirks.c in a recent Linux source code tree:

bool usb_is_intel_switchable_xhci(struct pci_dev *pdev)
{
        return pdev->class == PCI_CLASS_SERIAL_USB_XHCI &&
                pdev->vendor == PCI_VENDOR_ID_INTEL &&
                pdev->device == PCI_DEVICE_ID_INTEL_PANTHERPOINT_XHCI;
}
EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL(usb_is_intel_switchable_xhci);

--HPS