On 06/17/14 08:55, Matthias Apitz wrote:
El día Tuesday, June 17, 2014 a las 08:26:57AM +0200, Hans Petter Selasky

Can you try to set:

sysctl hw.usb.no_cs_fail=1

before trying the device again?

Success!!! I reverted the changes in ulpt.c and with the above setting,
printing works to both devices, /dev/ulpt0 and /dev/unlpt0. I just
concatenated a PostScript file to them as

# cat psfile > /dev/ulpt0

What does the above mean?

I have to add it to /boot/loader.conf or /etc/sysctl.conf.

Thanks for you patient help.

I think the USB stack is trying to reset the ULPT device, because it does not respond on the control endpoint any more. See TIMEOUT messages in dmesg and usbdump. By setting "no_cs_fail" to non-zero this behaviour is disabled.