On 12/14/14 20:43, Randall Fox wrote:
On everything below, I removed the USB hub I tested with in the last
message and plugged the UPS directly into the computers USB port, like
before.

Can you send the output from "pciconv -lv" especially those lines which
relate to USB controllers?
Also try setting:
sysctl hw.usb.no_cs_fail=1

$ sysctl hw.usb.no_cs_fail=1
hw.usb.no_cs_fail: 0 -> 1
$
I previously tried the above, it had no effect.  I tried it again just to
be sure, still no effect.  I assumed an immediate effect, unless a reboot
is needed?

Here are the interesting results from pciconf -lv, (I replaced the \n with
a comma to make thing more compact and I removed the boring stuff.  I also
put the USB stuff at the top.)
Note: I included my motherboard and periph data below if that helps.  And
thanks again for your help.

ehci0@pci0:0:26:0:    class=0x0c0320 card=0x062b15d9 chip=0x1d2d8086
rev=0x06 hdr=0x00,vendor='Intel Corporation',device= 'Patsburg USB2
Enhanced Host Controller',class=serial bus,subclass= USB
ehci1@pci0:0:29:0:    class=0x0c0320 card=0x062b15d9 chip=0x1d268086
rev=0x06 hdr=0x00,vendor='Intel Corporation',device= 'Patsburg USB2
Enhanced Host Controller',class=serial bus,subclass= USB

Hi,

The pciconf output looks normal. All USB controllers have drivers attached.

Can you set "hw.usb.uhub.debug=16" and collect messages in dmesg for and attach/detach/attach cycle?

Also, does the endless attach/detach happen to other USB devices?