On 05/18/16 17:53, Karl Denninger wrote:
I'm reasonably sure that the Pi2 itself and the base USB code is ok,
however, because there is another USB device also in use by the same
software (it emulates a serial port and so attaches on the serial

When you are using /dev/usb/X.Y.Z the IN-endpoints will be polling for data all the time. I've seen devices that return crap data if you try to read from them while you are not supposed to get data, in typical ping-pong protocol scenarios. Using libusb might be a better solution.