On 05/18/16 18:57, Karl Denninger wrote:
~620ms

Rather consistent....  note that the device itself, however, is a
power-line (X10) interface and thus the actual timing of a command that
can be sent (the bits are clocked during the zero-crossing of each 60hz
cycle) is approximately this figure.

This is an "orphan" device (X10 CM15) and thus there's zero manufacturer
support available for it.

Hi,

From what I know, there is no USB magic about these intervals.

Did you try to run some ethernet traffic, like "ping" while running your test application?

The DWC OTG uses a ring buffer for data reception from all endpoints. It is connected to a HighSpeed transaction translator USB HUB chip on the RPI2. The external USB HUB also has some internal memories, though I would think they would get wiped after that many milliseconds.

The best way to figure out would be to connect a USB analyzer, like the Beagle one, to see if the traffic is really on the line. An oscilliscope might do too for 1MBit/s traffic (USB LowSpeed), just to figure out the length of the data.