On 11/13/10 1:55 PM, Brandon Gooch wrote:
On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 2:59 PM, Julian Elischer<jul...@freebsd.org>  wrote:

Was this brought up in any of the discussions?

no it was not brought up..
it was an unofficial non-planned discussion that errupted pretty much
spontaneously an a couple of couches so it was not prepared in advance..

Since I don't know much about that project I didn't bring it up.
However I should take the time to read it..
thanks for bringing it up!

I'm not sure if the VPS project pertains directly to what you're
talking about, but perhaps some of the code or ideas from the project

Even if it doesn't, it's still an exciting project that adds a ton of
value to FreeBSD's light-weight virtualization strategy. What do think
about the VPS concept in relation to the current virtualization effort
being put in to jails? It seems to me that recent efforts at
virtualizing kernel-level objects makes VPS the future of FreeBSD's
virtualization, leaving jails as a great way to isolate

it the approaches are compatible I see no reason to not combine
but I'll know more when I have read it.