On 1/13/2011 5:49 PM, Marko Zec wrote:
On Thursday 13 January 2011 13:42:30 Nikos Vassiliadis wrote:
Hi,

Please, review the attached patch. It is against yesterday's HEAD
and it virtualizes if_bridge.

You can use the bridgetest script to create quickly a topology
with redundant links to test STP.

Looks good to me, though I'm wondering is there any particular reason why you
prefer to create bridge instances in the "root" vnet first, and then move
them to other vnets, instead of creating bridge instances directly in target
vnets?

In other words:

ifconfig bridge1 create
ifconfig bridge1 vnet x

vs

jexec x ifconfig bridge1 create

Yes, there is no real reason. The script is just an aid
to quickly create the testing topology. It is also known
to break in many situations.

In a near future, each vnet will have its own list of cloning ifnets
(currently only lo and vlan cloners are per-vnet, while other cloning ifnet
types use global cloners), so maybe it might be a good practice to attempt to
avoid having ifnet with its cloner attached in one vnet while being loaned to
another (though in some cases this is unavoidable, such as with epair
ifnets).

I see.

Thanks, Nikos