On 01/26/2011 03:13 AM, Julian Elischer wrote:
On 1/25/11 1:06 PM, Mikolaj Golub wrote:
On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 23:44:41 -0800 Julian Elischer wrote:

JE> On 1/23/11 6:33 AM, Mikolaj Golub wrote:

>> As a quick fix I added in VBoxNetFlt-freebsd.c in all "problem"
functions
>> CURVNET_SET_QUIET(vnet0) macro, which sets td->td_vnet to default
vnet (see the
>> attached patch). This has fixed the issue for me and now I am
happily running
>> both VNET jails and VirtualBox machines on my desktop.
>>
>> But the way I fixed the issue looks hackish for me. Could someone
suggest a
>> better solution?
JE> this is probably at east partially the correct solution.
JE> Usually you should also set the value back to its previous value when
JE> you leave that code as well.

Thank you for the comments. Actually the patch contained
CURVNET_RESTORE()
too. I just did not mentioned it :-). So if it looks like right
solution here
is an "improved" version of the patch: vnet to switch is taken from
thread's
ucred (on interface initialization) or from ifp->if_vnet.

yes I like it.. Now you just need a port person to patch the port :-)

You should make sure it gets merged with the upstream source too.

Fredrik