On Wed, 26 Jan 2011, Brandon Gooch wrote:

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 8:25 AM, Mikolaj Golub <to.my.troc...@gmail.com> wrote:

I suppose we should have an option in ports, something:

.if ${OSVERSION} < 800500
OPTIONS+=        VIMAGE "Build for VIMAGE kernel" off

and if it is on set VIMAGE make environment variable. Or may be you have
a better solution.

As of r217203 on 9-CURRENT and r217403 on 8-STABLE, VIMAGE is
announced as a feature via sysctl(8). Would it be possible to query
this value to decide how to build the module?

It would but still leave you with problems on earlier freebsd versions
or if you are building for another machine.

        <ks> Going to jail sucks -- <bz> All my daemons like it!