Hi!

prevent default OS driver from attaching to emulated ATA controller when Hyper-V

Disable both primary and secondary ATA controller prevent use CD-ROM device in
VM ( guest)

Because "synthetic storage driver" not handle CD-ROM devices
( IMHO, even more: Hyper-V host work with CD-ROM only as "PCI bus" device)

Best regards, Victor Miasnikov
Blog:  http://vvm.blog.tut.by/

P.S.

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-virtualization/2013-April/001180.html