Hi Marat,

   vtbd0: hard error cmd=write 290-305

I would like to report the same problem. I'm using  10.0-RELEASE-p7 as a
host, and 9.3-RELEASE as a guest. VM is created using vmrc script, it
installed fine. But on attempt to create additional fs inside the vm,
newfs just silently fails without writing anything to disk.  file -s on
a filesystem reports just 'data', instead of the usual "Unix Fast File
system"

This issue is caused by the FreeBSD GEOM code tasting the zvol, parsing partition/slice tables, and marking sections read-only.

There is a fix for this by mav@ in r264145 in CURRENT, and MFC'd to 10-STABLE in r265678 (May 8). The fix will be in 10.1.

The zfs man page lists the new zvol property and sysctls that can be used to prevent GEOM testing.

later,

Peter.