[Changing my email address...]

> On Nov 7, 2014, at 10:57 AM, Peter Grehan <gre...@freebsd.org> wrote:
> Hi Marcel,
> What version of VMWare and host are you using ?

This is VMware Fusion 6.0.5 (2209127) running on Mac OS X 10.10.

>> Any reason why the fallback was removed? Do we need PAT-related
>> exit controls to make vmm work?
> I saw the problem with a beta version of Fusion 5. It went away with the
> release version, and we made the perhaps wrong assumption that it was no
> longer an issue.
> It's easy to put that change back.

Ok. If we don't depend on PAT-related exits, then I definitely would
appreciate preserving the -stable behaviour. Maybe we should not check
for the PAT-related exists in the first place? I mean if we don't need
them or depend on them to be there at all...

Marcel Moolenaar