Hi Sergey,

Now, after experiments I can say the card can work only on 2 slot and
function=function on host.

Example:
-s 2:1,passthrough,3/0/1

It's even worse I thought.
The network card work only if spare slot with a disk device (may be any
device, I did not try).
So, it works:
-s 2:1,passthru,3/0/1 -s 2:0,virtio-blk,mydisk

and it does not work:
-s 2:1,passthru,3/0/1 -s 3:0,virtio-blk,mydisk

Guests in general won't probe non-zero functions if function 0 is not present. Putting something at function 0 allows the device probe to be extended to the non-zero functions you have configured.

It does not make a sense for me. Only idea is the network card is a
quad-port card. And its driver need to have any device in the same slot
with 0 feature (to initialize PHY?). Because of my host system is
connected to first ethernet I can't passthrough it to guest and test the
theory.

Certain PCI devices do have dependencies between functions (e.g. certain Qlogic FC adapters), while others are independent (Intel multi-port NICs). This part is probably a case of the former.

I'd suspect that if you passed the entire device through (and matched function numbers) to a guest, it would work. However, as you have mentioned, a port needs to be dedicated to the host :(

later,

Peter.