On 01/12/18 07:46, Jason Barbier wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 11, 2018, at 6:13 PM, Paul Webster via freebsd-virtualization
> wrote:
>> I believe if you used TightVNC server on the windows box and the likewise
>> client on freebsd you can sync clipboards over it
>>
>> On 12 January 2018 at 01:51, Manish Jain <bourne.ident...@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a Win 10 vm under bhyve on my FreeBSD 11.1 box. Is there some way
>>> I can share clipboards between FreeBSD X and Windows ?

> It may be better to install rdesktop or freerdp/remmina and use RDP

Hi Jason/others,

I am really struggling in my RDP essay. I installed remmina twice over:
once from github and from ports. But when I ask remmina to connect to
<localhost IP>:3350, I either get nothing at all or a forever-lasting
message "Connecting To ...", or a curt dump with "Illegal instruction".

Pretty much the same behaviour with rdesktop.

Am I doing something basically wrong ? Note that bhyve is being
instructed to send its output to port 3350.

When I use TigerVNC@5900, everything works in a flash - except clipboard
sharing.

I could not have imagined that setting up RDP is such a
calorie-consumer. There does not even seem like a FreeBSD RDP usage doc
on the web.

Can someone kindly provide some tips ?

Thanks & Regards,
Manish Jain