On 22 May 2013 12:34, Johannes Berg <johan...@sipsolutions.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>> KMOD=   iwl6000g2bfw
>> IMG=    iwlwifi-6000g2b-
>> where's that particular firmware version? There's a 6000g2b in
>> linux-firmware, but I don't know if the driver requires _this specific
>> version_. :-)
> Curious. Yes, it's possible that this version is required, and it's
> available on intellinuxwireless.org (which while we sort out some
> hosting just redirects to the wireless.kernel.org wiki, but that doesn't
> impact the firmware license.)
> There's a newer version of the 6000g2b firmware (, since we
> rev'ed the API version (5->6) we must have made some changes but I'd
> have to check what they were.

Right. Well, i'd like to get the driver that you've provided up and
running before worrying about syncing up to the latest firmware with
said API changes.

So, let's figure out what the heck firmware images we need -are- and
I'll put this all into a github repository for people to tinker with.

Thanks for this!