On Wed, 2013-05-22 at 12:36 -0700, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> On 22 May 2013 12:31, Adrian Chadd <adrian.ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hiya!
> >
> > I'm just working out the build kinks. The driver built fine; but the
> > firmware images are a bit .. special.
>
> .. in fact, most of thse images aren't really named after the same
> kind of names I see in the linux-firmware tree.
>
> Would you be able to help me map the firmware image directory
> filenames to linux-firmware names?

Well for "/lib/firmware" names, or linux-firmware.git tree names,
they're just iwlwifi-<hwcode>-<API>.ucode. So if you download the
iwlwifi-6000g2b-ucode-17.168.5.2.tgz file from intellinuxwireless.org,
you'll get a tar file containing iwlwifi-6000g2b-5.ucode, with that
specific version, but the (Linux) driver only cares about the API level
for compatibility, so nothing else is part of the filename.

In linux-firmware.git we try to just keep the latest version(s) of each
API level.

johannes