On 26/08/2014 08:32, atar wrote:
Hi there!

According to what's written in the following URLs:
> http://forums.freebsd.org/viewtopic.php?t=41581 ,
> https://wiki.freebsd.org/dev/ath_hal(4)/HardwareSupport
> (under the 'Chipsets I won't be working on' section) the
> TL-WN722N TP-LINK wireless dongle isn't supported on freeBSD
> since its chipset is based on the AR9271 chipset which isn't
> supported by FreeBSD.

Now, my question is, since the above mentioned device is supported
> by Linux via a special atheros firmware module, and since FreeBSD
> provides a Linux virtualization, will this device work on a FreeBSD
> system by its Linux virtualization capability?

I'm not familiar with the Atheros firmware, but the likely answer is no. Linux virtualization (probably better described as emulation) is at the user space level, i.e. it mimics the interface of Linux syscalls. Device drivers work in kernel space, and the FreeBSD kernel has very different internals from Linux.