Hi Matthias,

On Mon, 8 Sep 2014 09:32:29 +0200
Matthias Apitz <g...@unixarea.de> wrote:

> El día Monday, September 08, 2014 a las 08:19:45AM +0200, Vladimir
> Botka escribió:
>
> Hi Vladimir,
>
> > maybe the wpa_passphrase utility could help you to create the
> > config. In this particular case:
> >
> > $ wpa_passphrase "Naturhotel Wieserhof" "N@tur%Wieser"
> > network={
> >         ssid="Naturhotel Wieserhof"
> >         #psk="N@tur%Wieser"
> >         psk=b853709a9edcd50edf0835f68bf099255cb32fc462e492117fe3c42ab2a387cb
> > }
>
> What is the benefit of coding the PSK? I have never used it; the
> wpa_supplicant.conf file tested was:
>
> ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
> ctrl_interface_group=wheel
> eapol_version=1
> ap_scan=1
> fast_reauth=1
>
> # Hotel Wieserhof
> #
> network={
>         ssid="Naturhotel Wieserhof"
>         scan_ssid=1
>         # key_mgmt=WPA-PSK WPA-EAP IEEE8021X
>         key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
>         # key_mgmt=WPA-PSK WPA-EAP
>         psk="N@tur%Wieser"
>         # key_mgmt=NONE
>         # wep_tx_keyidx=0
>         # wep_key0="N@tur%Wieser"
> }
>
> as you see in the comments, I tested a lot of different key_mgmt=
> values; the one shown active, gave the best results (but only in my
> hotel room, not in the lobby);
>
> > ,or you might want to try wpa_gui.
>
> I have never used it, but will install the port and give it a try next
> time.
>
> Thx
>
>       matthias
>
> PD: To Adrian, I'm willing to file a PR, but the problem is, I will
> not return to this hotel and can not provide more information or
> tests.

psk="N@tur%Wieser"
and
psk=b853709a9edcd50edf0835f68bf099255cb32fc462e492117fe3c42ab2a387cb
are equivalent.

If you have troubles to configure it manually, I recommend to try
wpa_gui as a next step. In the upstream, wpa_gui is maintained together
with wpa_supplicant by the same maintainer. Therefor wpa_gui has always
been working fine with wpa_supplicant and might help you to create a
consistent configuration.

If this doesn't work, there might be a problem in the (1) lower layer
(driver), (2) AP, or (3) HW in general. If so, to debug it might be a
complex issue suitable for a bug entry.

Cheers,

        -vlado