--On 07 September 2015 16:51 +0200 Roger Pau Monné <roger....@citrix.com> wrote:

This sounds like a problem in the if_re driver on FreeBSD or a bug in
Qemu emulation. As a workaround, could you try to use the emulated e1000
instead of the realtek? AFAIK it should also provide better performance.

Since you are using XenServer I'm not sure of the exact rune, with OSS
Xen you basically need to add "model=e1000" to the network configuration
line.

Hi Roger,

I'd love to try that - but as we're running full 'XenServer' (i.e. installed from XenServer .ISO) I have no idea where (or even if it's possible) to set that :(

Last time I tried looking it up I hit a bit of a dead end, I'll have another look [in fact, I think it may have actually been impossible to set in XenServer as I seem to remember someone saying that XenServer doesn't have that NIC model/emulation available, only Realtek or PV!]

But I'll have another look...

-Karl