On 12/16/06, Christian Knoke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Daniel Markstedt wrote on Dec 15, 21:22 (-0800):
> >
> > This patch removes all living people from the leader lists, as well as
> > updates the policy document.
>
> Though I'm not a 'leader expert', it seems wrong to me to exclude
> people like
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelson_Mandela
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norodom_Sihanouk
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V%C3%A1clav_Havel
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fidel_Castro
> Saddam Hussein and others, for the latter no matter whether they are
> still living or not.

I am willing to be lenient with the policy. Exceptionally notable
characters could be allowed in, including those above.

> May be we should leave the leader lists to people from the respective
> countries, at the first hand?

I don't necessarily think so. The latest review revealed a heap of
spurious content, notably in the Singaporean nation.

> Christian
>
> --
> Christian Knoke            * * *            http://cknoke.de
> * * * * * * * * *  Ceterum censeo Microsoft esse dividendum.

Note to self: Eleanor Roosevelt shouldn't be removed.

--Daniel