Ulrik Sverdrup wrote:
> So we would have
> Unit_Type:rule_name()
> Unit_Type:name()
> etc.

No, that would be rule_name() and translated_name()!!!!

It seems a good idea, as it would cache the *_name pointers, but are
there high performance issues for a scripted language?

> Design question: Should both :rule_name() and :name() be available?
> I'm in favor of only the translated name, I'm not sure I know any uses
> of the rule name.

Presumably for find_*_by_name(), which is always a rule_name!

Easier to write them both, and have them in the code as needed, than not
have them and need to await the next code release.  We've not been very
fast at code releases....