On Thu, 9 Aug 2007, Marko Lindqvist wrote:
> One thing at a time. It is not a trivial task to externalize it with
> proper configure checks and such. And we cannot externalize it
> *before* we take toluaxx in to use, since tolua does not work with
> lua-5.1 (which would be that external lua in most cases)
> In fact, I'm not sure if we can externalize it even (soon) after we
> have taken toluaxx in to use. Toluaxx might be too tightly tied to
> certain lua versions. So we have to provide that version instead of
> using what ever version is present in system.

If I had the time and desire to hack on this part of the code again, I
would look into using lua directly instead of going through tolua. Vasco
said it saves a lot of work, but considering the mess it makes, both in
the source and to our build process, I think it should at least be
considered seriously.

    - Per

"Those people who think they know everything
are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
   -- Isaac Asimov