> [EMAIL PROTECTED] - Thu Nov 22 12:32:32 2007]:
>
> On Nov 22, 2007 12:54 PM, Daniel Markstedt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > > I have been running the game in OS X and on BootCamp Windows XP.
In
> > > Leopard it first has to run X11 (which I do know is not your
guys's
> > > problem). But on a Mac it looks wrong. The attached file is a
pic. of
> > > what it looks like in Leopard. I have not changed the pic. The
arrows
> > > are really cyan.
> > >

> > This looks like a bug in the theme and/or theme engine. After the
game
> > has started, try going to Game>Local Options>Theme and change to
> > another theme in the dropdown.
>
> I can confirm that this had happened on Mac OS X for me as well, don't
> know what made it look like that. It also happens when you run it on
> Linux under Xvnc, but works good otherwise. I run the vnc server with
> "Xvnc4 :0 -PasswordFile  .vnc/passwd"  ( you need to run vncpasswd
> first, and launch an xterm on that display)

Looks to me like the freeciv theme just doesn't set the colors for
these scrollbuttons, causing them to take the default color which on
mac is that bizarre cyan.

Someone on linux with a bit of spare time could try to change the
default theme and see if those sliders follow the style of your chosen
theme.  If true it should be easy for the theme author to fix.

The other possibility is that the GTK theme engine is just buggy on
mac...

-jason