2007/11/26, Jason Short <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

I can't view that ticket as guest since trackers not allow me to display
them since many days :(

I'm going to commit a fix for this (why not) but I'd like more details.

Hurray, I have posted some ticket, I'm thought that nobody read them :)

What platform are you using?

I'm using Debian/GNU Linux testing on I386 (centrino dual core and K7 athlon
). Problem appears only with gcc-4.2. But gcc-4.1 don't have this problem.

Are you really saying that GINT_TO_POINTER is not reversible for
> negative numbers on your platform?  If that's the case we need to audit
> a lot more users I think...and would need to complain to the glib people
> to get the macro to barf when given a negative.

Yep. Optimisation -02 cause this problem. If GINT_TO_POINTER=-1 then it's
constant like variable (never take other value). Problem is prehaps more due
to the GCC than GLIB.

-jason

Cheers

--