2007/11/26, Jason Dorje Short <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Castanier Carl wrote:
> >
> > 2007/11/26, Jason Short <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> > I can't view that ticket as guest since trackers not allow me to display
> > them since many days :(
>
> The guest account was temporarily broken.

I have read it :( and it's not easy to talk about a post without know what I
wrote bcs it's old

>     What platform are you using?
> >
> > I'm using Debian/GNU Linux testing on I386 (centrino dual core and K7
> > athlon ). Problem appears only with gcc-4.2. But gcc-4.1 don't have this
> > problem.
>
> It isn't perhaps a 64-bit system?

no it's i396 not ia64. But, a friend had same problem with ia64 and gcc-4.2

>     Are you really saying that GINT_TO_POINTER is not reversible for
> >     negative numbers on your platform?  If that's the case we need to
> audit
> >     a lot more users I think...and would need to complain to the glib
> people
> >     to get the macro to barf when given a negative.
> >
> > Yep. Optimisation -02 cause this problem. If GINT_TO_POINTER=-1 then
> > it's constant like variable (never take other value). Problem is prehaps
> > more due to the GCC than GLIB.

Yep. Optimisation -02 cause this problem ?? If it's not written in my bug
report, I have tell a big mistake. I use allways this option for packaging
freeciv in .deb than to debian maintainer, but if there are no mentions of
it, then -O2 was not the problem, was only gcc-4.2.

Really sounds to me like this is a glib bug.

Really, I can't answer since it's working with other compiler (3.4 on msys
and 4.2 on linux). Bug still remains if you change version of glib (tested
with 2.8 and 2.10). I had same problem long time ago with g77 (fortran
code). Community of 250 people cannot find in library where we are wrong.
Just changing compiler closed the problem.
When GINT_TO_POINTER take -1 value it can't be changed. Variable still exist
but execution of changing value no or pointer point on NULL variable of type
GINT_TO_POINTER (FF FF). It can be also du to differents compilation options
between glib and freeciv ; but I thougth that I had checked it.
Anyway, this is lonely problem with gcc'-4.2 and can be solve easy. I have
thougth about send a bug report to gcc but I don't have authority for
freeciv to do it. It can also be send to glib.
I forget to tell you. I'm not friendly with freeciv interface trancking bug
and I have posted 2 or 3 reports for same bug. I cannot erase previous but
only last one have good patch. As Mr Simpson focus, the behaviour mustn't be
changed so my last patch include solution to don't change order into menu.

-jason

Cheers

--
Carl