On Jan 11, 2008 1:11 PM, William Allen Simpson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Sounds like a fuzzy string translation that doesn't have the correct
> number of c-format parameters, causing a memory access for a non-existent
> pointer.  I've already reported the general problem in PR#39970, and there
> are other reported specific problems.
>
> Today, the 2.1.2+ ja.po has 121 fuzzy strings that need to be checked, 51 of
> them are c-format, and another 210 untranslated strings.

On a related note, has anyone used the po/check_po.pl program lately?
It's not even set as executable in subversion.  I can't recall ever
using it before but I believe it was supposed to check c-format
parameters.  However running it now on even the most up-to-date po
files gives massive errors.

  ./check_po.pl < de.po

Oh and one other note, it is indeed possible that windows printf will
crash with bad parameters while glibc or macos printf do not.  Windows
printf certainly crash if you try to %s a null string, while glibc
printf will just insert "(null)" and keep on going.  But I don't see
how anyone can crash on a %d parameter no matter how bad it is.

-jason