Marko Lindqvist wrote:

>  A couple of invalid string conversion problems from server logs.
> Server is 2.1.4 (+ unrelated local changes). Client also has reported
> version 2.1.4.
>
>  "<Player name> rules the Poles." - I think the player name part is broken
> here
> player
>

>  Server side configuration:
>
> --disable-nls
> #define HAVE_ICONV 1
> /* #undef HAVE_LIBCHARSET */
> #define HAVE_LANGINFO_CODESET 1

This is not a bug in freeciv.  If you use a non-universal character set
on your command line then freeciv will simply be unable to display some
characters.  We can try to fudge it using transliteration but
iconv/glibc support for that is pretty varied.  The real solution is to
use utf-8 for your command line charset.

-jason