On Thu, Dec 25, 2008 at 5:47 AM, Clint Adams <sch...@debian.org> wrote:
> I do not see any obvious copyright and licensing information for the tilesets,
> either on the wiki or within the tarballs/zips.

Which tilesets specifically? Until recently (in years, not months),
everything in Freeciv was GPL, including tilesets, so specific
licensing information for various pieces was not required. That is, as
long as it was distributed along with the main distribution (or was in
the version control system). For other, older stuff, GPL has simply
been assumed, in particular where the original tilesets have been used
as original work to create derived works.

  - Per