I'm using git and it (and the tools build around it) create the patches in
this form. For these patches you can do

patch -d ./freeciv.git/trunk/ -u -p2 < ./file.patch

I can rename the patches to *.diff, but I don't know how to change the number
of slashes (directories) used by git ...

Matthias

Am Wednesday 02 September 2009 22:36:53 schrieb Marko Lindqvist:
> I have noticed that more and more people name their patches as .patch.
> It would be easier for me if they were named .diff.
>
> And while I'm at it, I also prefer patches that are relative to parent
> dir of freeciv = ones that I can apply as "patch -u -p1 -d freeciv.src
> < patch.diff".
>

> - ML

Matthias Pfafferodt - http://www.mapfa.de
Matthias.Pfafferodt <at> mapfa.de