> Yup, you need to add send_pending_event(pconn, TRUE) when
> starting the game if the game is not new.

I suspected something like this but did not find the right place
(start_game()?)

> I still don't like the usage of event as enum values.

The event enum is defined in event.h. The comment says that it is also used
within the client. Furthermore, it is a rather big enum. I don't know, if it
would be possible to use specnum.h for this.

> It looks like the server_state() info is missing...

I removed it as the check in event_cache_match() generated only trouble. It
prevented the addition of events while loading a savegame.