Hi all,

I am planning to create the first beta release of Freeciv 2.2.0 on
December 13th. This will be the first in a series of approximately
bi-weekly beta releases leading up to a release candidate when all
showstopper bugs have been fixed. The date for the final release is
not set yet and based on earlier experience it might take several
months.

Please note that there is no string freeze in place yet for the S2_2
branch, so it is likely that strings change throughout this process.
However, your input is valuable so please do start working with the
new strings and report any oddness or untranslatable situations to the
bug tracker at https://gna.org/bugs/index.php . The earlier problems
are reported the earlier we can fix them and make work easier for you
guys the translators. :)

Best,

Daniel Markstedt