Hi Gav,

Thanks for the new version. I've uploaded it to our download server
and updated the wiki page.

It seems the URL to the forum page is bad. Guess you're referring to
http://forum.freeciv.org/viewtopic.php?t=6086 ;)

To answer your question, any contents included with Freeciv must have
a license that is compatible with the GNU GPL v2. I just had a quick
look again at the Creative Commons license that Freesounds refer to,
and it unfortunately has a clause that forbids commercial use, which
is a no-go in in the FLOSS world. Perhaps you could hear with
Freesounds if they offer some kind of dual-licensing deal for open
source projects?

Oh and BTW, for future packages I suggest you put your own name
somewhere in README file. This is a common practice.

Best,

Daniel